The Running with the Bears Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K
The top 5 reasons to register right now:
- Cool August temperatures in this small Boston Qualifier, Half Marathon, and 10K in Northern California
- Support! 13 fully-stocked Aid Stations
- The massage, finish line beer, and post-race Lu’au (petting zoo? Yes!)
- Fewer rules: No time limit. Period. And your dog gets a finisher medal too
- This charity race is a benefit FOR and BY Mountain Circle and the foster children we work with every day. THANK YOU FOR BECOMING PART OF OUR TEAM!!
What Does Your Entry Fee Benefit?
Watch the following video to see!
A Short Film About the Race from 2014
“Grade: A++++ Do this race. Wherever you are in the country, world. This wasn’t just a race, this was an experience. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming: from other runners, race officials, just everyone. This is the best of the best.”
“Everything about the Running With The Bears weekend was perfect. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart for all that you did for us runners, and all that you do each and every day for foster children.”
“It allows me to fully appreciate that I am able to do this thing calling running, even if I will never take 1st or qualify for Boston. Even turtles have their moment! And that’s what I love about Running with the Bears Half Marathon in Greenville, CA. Everyone is celebrated, from the winners to those last runners crossing the finish line. And what I find the most amazing is that all the proceeds from this race go to Mountain Circle Family Services, which helps foster children in the area. I’ve done many races but none that 100% of the proceeds benefit a charity or foundation.”
“I really like this race because it is small, in a rural setting, and it all goes to benefit foster kids. The money raised by charity runners goes to their Powder Quest program (and other things), which takes the foster kids up to a ski resort in Lake Tahoe to teach them to ski or snowboard.”