Due to COVID-19 and these unprecedented times we have decided to do things differently for 2020 and limit each of our races to
ONLY 50 Elite Charity Runners
and of course we will adhere to all social distancing requirements!
We are hopeful that by August we will be able to have at least groups of 50 people.
With that being said, we are going to limit each of our races to 50 people and adjust our start times accordingly.
These 50 runners will be our Elite Charity Runners and will have to raise or pay a
minimum of $750 for our Foster Youth and their families to participate.
Due to the limited number of spaces available if you do not raise
this amount you will be charged the remaining balance on race day.
Refunds will not be offered.
Running with the Bears: An August Boston Qualifying Race for Charity, August 15, 2020
Become a Running with the Bears Charity Runner and Make The Difference!! RWTB is a fundraiser for Mountain Circle Family Services Inc, a 501c3 non-profit foster care and adoption agency; we are proud to be one of the few Boston Qualifiers managed entirely by the Charity it benefits.
Charity Runners who raise or donate over $500 receive: Race Entry, a Post-Race Party ticket, a special Goody Bag, and a lightweight Running with the Bears vest!
How YOU can make an impact: Every single day, our team serves nearly 100 foster care children, youth, and their caregivers.
- $50 means that a foster child can attend after school sports or dance lessons
- $150 buys emergency clothing for a child who comes in with nothing
- $600 provides an older youth with an outdoor leadership adventure weekend- check out the short video!
- $1,000 pays for the certification fees for ten foster parent families
- $2,000 pays for 24/7 support by a trained Social Worker to a foster family for a whole year
Meet our foster families, and see how YOU make a difference:
Run for Foster Children in the Running with the Bears Race!
Join our elite team of Charity Runners!
At this time, the Charity Runner Division requires a fundraising goal of $500. REGISTER NOW to reserve your spot.
How do I start fundraising?
Check out our digital Charity Runner Fundraising Toolkit to help you get started on your fundraising!
- Most Charity Runners tell us that making this donation for foster children is very meaningful and that their supporters (and often employers) were happy to contribute as well! YOU are making an impact on the lives of these incredible kids, and your boss, friends, family, and running buddies will want to support you! Would you like to meet other Charity Runners? Check out the pages other runners launched HERE.
- Set up your fundraising page if you want too. Add your photo and a little about yourself, then email, facebook, or twitter the link to your friends. Ask them to donate $5, $20, or $26.2! Most participants tell us that they were surprised by how happy their friends were to support them. If you’d prefer to just donate yourself, you can send a check to Mountain Circle (P.O. Box 554 Greenville CA 95947)* Be sure to ask your employer to match! Many companies have matching programs in place, and this amount will go towards your fundraising goal.
- We keep track of all fundraisers and donations. Any questions, just contact our team. Also, please join us at 6:30 p.m during the Pasta Dinner (Friday night) for a special ceremony!
*All contributions are 100% tax deductible.
Q – Is fundraising mandatory?
A – In order to be an official Charity Runner, yes. You may fundraise a little, or a lot, and if you reach the goal of $500 you get all the swag!
Q – If I donate the $500, am I guaranteed a spot in the race?
A – Yes!
Q – Once the races sell out, is there a wait list for regular entry?
A – No wait list, sorry. Spaces will only available for Charity Runners.
Q – I can’t make the race. Can I get a refund or transfer my bib?
A – Only if you have donated $500 as a Charity Runner.
Q – Can I switch races later on?
A – Yes, you are able to do this yourself within your RaceEntry confirmation email. Simply click the “Edit Your Registration” button located at the bottom of your confirmation email and choose “Change Categories”. If you have any issues, please email [email protected] for assistance.
Q – I want to qualify for Boston. Can I do this as a Charity Runner?
A – Yes!
Q – I don’t want to race, but I’d love to raise money for this cause. May I gift my registration to someone else?
A – For sure. Just let us know who by August 1st. Note: This option is ONLY available to Charity Runners who have raised or donated $700 or more. Regular registrations are not transferable. Set up your page HERE.
Q – Other Charity Races ask me to raise over $2,000- why only $500?
A – We may raise the minimum in future years. For now, we want to put on a great event and perhaps you’ll help us spread the word
Q – Where does the money go?
A – 100% of proceeds are used for our PowderQuest Program, an outdoor leadership adventure for foster care teens. Through RWTB, we raise enough money to provide travel, accommodations, and ski lessons to 30 foster youth, and their mentors, to Lake Tahoe- thank you!! These kids deserve it, and they will tell you all about it during the Pre-Race Pasta Dinner. All additional funds raised are used for our other services including camp tuition and educational expenses for foster care children. Any other questions, feel free to message or email me. Thank you, and we’ll see you in August!
Here’s A short film about our foster teens!
About Mountain Circle
Mountain Circle’s programs are effective: 100% of our residential youth are employed or enrolled full-time in school and some 94% remain so a year later – almost double the rate of more traditional foster care programs. Four years later, 95% of participants remain in contact with their job-site mentor and are employed at least part-time. We’re a small non-profit and every dollar makes a difference. THANK YOU!
Every day, our Social Workers and volunteers provide caring support and training to nearly 100 foster children, teens, and caregivers across California and Nevada. This event raises money for special items such as camp tuition, school clothes, additional medical care, and for our foster teens: outdoor leadership and job skills training. Our goal is to raise $60,000 for children and youth in foster care and you can help us do this by asking your friends and family to sponsor your race! You can even donate the money yourself. Along the course, you’ll meet the very Social Workers and foster teens that your fundraising is supporting – THANK YOU!!
Here’s a note from a foster teen to her foster mother on Mother’s Day…